Terms & conditions
Terms & conditions of website use
1. These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this website ( “Website”) (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Salcombe Distilling Company Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights and set out the terms upon which we make available our Website to you. By using or accessing our Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
2. In these terms and conditions, (“User”) or (“Users”) means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Salcombe Distilling Company Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Salcombe Distilling Company Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
3. You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property & acceptable use
1. All (“Content”) included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Salcombe Distilling Company Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
i) retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
ii) You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Salcombe Distilling Company Limited.
1. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a) in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b) in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c) making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
d) to impersonate or attempt to impersonate any of our employees, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing)
e) to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm our or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Links to other websites
1. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Salcombe Distilling Company Limited or that of our affiliates.
2. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
3. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the website & disclaimers
1. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Salcombe Distilling Company Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Salcombe Distilling Company Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
2. Whilst Salcombe Distilling Company Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
3. Salcombe Distilling Company Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
4. Salcombe Distilling Company Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
1. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
2. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
3. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Salcombe Distilling Company Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
a) any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b) loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
d) inability to use the Website
1. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
2. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
4. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
5. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
6. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
7. These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Salcombe Distilling Company Ltd details
Salcombe Distilling Company Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09140632 whose registered address is 28 Island Street, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8DP and it operates the Website www.salcombegin.com.
The registered VAT number is 206458513.
These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (rocketlawyer.co.uk) and have been amended by Salcombe Distilling Company Limited.
Terms & conditions of consumer use
1. By placing your order you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below. A contract between us and you will be formed only on dispatch of our products to you.
You must be aged 18 or over to purchase alcohol. It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 in the UK. When ordering and making a payment you will be required to confirm that you are aged 18 or over.
If your order is a gift and contains alcohol, the recipient must also be aged 18 years or older. An adult over the age of 18 will be required to sign for delivery.
1. Once we have accepted your order, you will receive an order confirmation email once payment has been received.
We aim to ensure the prices shown are correct. If an error does occur, we will make every effort to contact you to confirm if you would like to proceed with the order at the correct price.
We reserve the right to withdraw or replace products online without notice. Merchandise prices and specifications are also subject to change without notice.
2. All prices, including delivery, include VAT (where applicable) and will be included in your order total.
All card payments we accept are made through a secure server. We do not store your financial details.
3. Delivery options are available at checkout and can also be found on our Shipping & Returns page here. Estimated delivery time and dates are dependent on delivery address. We do not guarantee delivery by a particular date.
4. It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us.
5. Complaints procedure – Our aim is to deal with any problems you may have fairly and efficiently.
How to complain: if you feel you have a complaint then please contact our online customer services department by emailing email@example.com.
We aim to respond within 3 working days and explain what actions we intend to take to resolve your complaint.
Your rights to returns & refunds, online, over the telephone or instore
1. In line with your rights under consumer protection laws, products may be returned if unopened and in their original packaging within 14 days of receiving your order.
2. Opened or unsealed goods are not suitable for return, due to health protection and hygiene reasons.
3. Products purchased online via www.salcombegin.com/shop can be returned to Salcombe Distilling Co., Unit B, Station Yard Industrial Estate, West Alvington Hill, Kingsbridge, TQ7 1ES. You must include your order confirmation letter or order details inside your return. Please include your order number, name, contact details and reason for return inside the parcel.
4. Products purchased at our retail stores can be returned in-person to FAO: Online Returns, Salcombe Distilling Co. Unit B, Station Yard Industrial Estate, West Alvington Hill, Kingsbridge, TQ7 1ES.
5. You (the consumer) agree to cover the costs of the return.
6. Salcombe Distilling Company Limited will pay the costs of return:
a) If the products are faulty or mis-described
b) If we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
c) Please include a copy of your order confirmation or the following details inside your returns parcel: Order number, name, contact info & reason for return.
Refunds will be issued within 14 days of receiving the goods back to us. Once the items have been checked for resale, we will reimburse the consumer the cost of the goods, including standard delivery costs if applicable.
Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind
1. We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
2. The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 2 – 5 working days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered next working day or Saturday delivery at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
How we may use your personal information